Pray like you've never prayed before! Thy Kingdom Come is a global prayer movement, which invites Christians around the world to pray between Ascension and Pentecost for more people to come to know Jesus Christ.
“In praying 'Thy Kingdom Come' we all commit to playing our part in the renewal of the nations and the transformation of communities." - Archbishop Justin Welby
The hope is that:
- people will commit to pray with God’s world-wide family - as a church, individually or as a family;
churches will hold prayer events, such as 24-7 prayer, prayer stations and prayer walks, across the UK and in other parts of the world
- people will be empowered through prayer by the Holy Spirit, finding new confidence to be witnesses for Jesus Christ.
At Christ Church, we want to join wholeheartedly with many Christians around the world with a weeky of prayer:
- Sunday, 28 May: Thy Kingdom Come prayer week lauch at all services
- Tuesday, 30 May, 7-8pm: Thy Kingdom come prayer event (organised by the diocese)
- Saturday, 3 June, 7-9pm: Prayer and worship evening
- Sunday, 4 June, 6pm: Thy Kingdom come prayer week end
Please pledge to pray via the Thy Kingdom Come website.