What's really helpful to the running of a church is to have regular financial giving. That makes budgeting much easier. However, we're also grateful for one off gifts, including legacies, which often mean we can plan for longer term things like capital developments. You can see how we manage our resources by looking at our latest annual accounts.
You can donate securely to Christ Church online using PayPal or major credit/debit cards below and add Gift Aid.
Giving By Standing Order/Bank Transfer
You can also give by bank transfer, which can be gift aided (see below). Please contact the Church Office.
Other Ways to Give
- You can place cheques or cash donations in the collection bags during the service. There are yellow giving envelopes in church on which you can make a gift aid declaration (see below).
- You may also like to consider making a donation to Christ Church Chislehurst in your will. Please ask your solicitor when you make or change your will.
Giving and Discipleship
The Bible teaches us that 'The earth is the Lord's and everything in it' (Psalm 24:1) As Christians we recognise that God has given us everything we have and as part of our discipleship we believe in giving financially to the church. In the Old Testament the instruction was to honour God with 'first fruits', the first part of our income. Many Christians believe that tithing (giving a tenth) is a good principle but ultimately this is a personal decision between you and God. Jesus reminded us that we cannot serve both God and money, and a clear sign that this is true is if we are willing to give sacrificially to Him with our finances.
Perhaps Paul's words in the New Testament give a good summary of a healthy attitude towards giving: 'Remember this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each one should give what they have decided in their heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work' (2 Corinthians 9:6-8)
There are ways of increasing your giving at no cost to youself!
- Gift aid your donation and Christ Church can reclaim the tax (at the basic rate). Our Charity number is 1131195.
- For every £1 donated, 25p can be reclaimed.
- The donor must be a UK tax payer and must pay at least as much UK tax as the amount of tax being reclaimed. Tax can be reclaimed for any donations made in the last 4 years.
- If you pay a higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.
- More from Directgov.
- Registered on-line retailers will make a donation to your chosen charity.
- Operates like a loyalty scheme, except instead of earning points the on-line retailers will make a donation to your chosen charity.
- Over 2,000 retailers are registered, including John Lewis, Argos, Amazon, M&S, Expedia ...
- Visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk and select the retailer of your choice, enter their website via the easyfundraising site and start to shop!
- Many employers offer a Matched Giving scheme whereby the employer will match donations to charity up to a given limit. Often the donation will be taken from your pre-tax salary.
- Check if your company has a scheme by asking HR.